My name is Ray Wyman Jr. I am a California native and skilled communications professional with 30+ years of experience. My resume is full of experiences as a writer, researcher, and content development strategist. I work comfortably as a “one-man-show” or as part a marketing communications team – or something in between. See my LinkedIn profile for references and recommendations. See my blog at Heavypen.
I entered the field of communications before earning my degree in Journalism in 1983. My mastery of marketing communications accelerated as electronic media became the new standard for publishing. These days, the profession is one where survivors continue to learn, adapt, and grow. In my case, real-time experiences have sharpened ‘old school’ knowledge, skills, and abilities. I have extended my considerable experiences in publishing and ‘old-school’ promoting and public relations. I have evolved with emerging methods and blended them into practical action plans. My world is hybrid of techniques. I can optimize your communications outreach with ever-evolving and ever-changing tactics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Writing and editing: I am chiefly a content creator. I don’t just develop text for your website and blog; I create audience engagement and interaction. I write headlines, unique selling propositions and call-to-action statements with locking power. I can sculpt complex technical information into succinct messages that are easy for target audiences to remember.
- Technical writing: I worked my way through college as a technical writer and illustrator. I have worked in highly technical fields including aerospace, computers, consumer electronics, energy, and oil drilling equipment. Most of my technical writing work have been for training manuals.
- Public relations: My work experience includes planning to execution for outbound public relations activities. I have experience with investor relations (SEC reporting requirements, database releases), press kit creation, press release placement (PRWeb, PR Newswire), and by-lined article placement.
- Social Media, Search Engine Optimization: Expert in both SMM (social media marketing) and SEM (search engine marketing). I have achieved strong end-results (increased impressions, interactions, and engagements) for my clients. I have experience with ghosting (blog, social media posts, curating content).
- Project management: I have many years of experience, managing creative workforce assets, planning and executing projects with other writers, designers, and programmers to complete long-term or short-term communications/branding projects.
- Multimedia production: I have many years of experience in video production (shooting and editing). I also have production capabilities for high-quality audio recording and blended PowerPoint presentations.
Contact me for an interview or to discuss your project.
See my Blog at Heavypen.com